Radiation Oncology Systems Analyst
Job Posting Number: 21345
New York, NY
June 27, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2017, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Provide support for a variety of applications, including ARIA, CASPER, Treatment Planning Database, Cadence, DAVInCI as well as basic PC and hardware support to users, including MS Office support, issues with laptops, printing, scanning, etc. Evaluate user needs and coordinate the ordering process for new equipment and software.
- In consultation with the Manager of Radiation Oncology, design, develop, test, implement and maintain SQL Server based applications. Interact with users to design efficient applications for their specific needs.
- Formalize the capture and presentation of departmental statistics. Using data from a variety of departmental and institutional sources create a set of daily, weekly, monthly, annual reports that will address the needs of each departmental area of concern (clinical areas, administrative, physics, nursing, etc).
- Occasional travel to the Regional Sites to provide direct user support and to coordinate various hardware and software installs.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of PC’s, printers, scanners, laptops, etc and coordinate future equipment refreshes, upgrades, updates.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Effective at building formal and informal networks inside and outside the organization to further departmental and institutional goals.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your perspective and priorities.
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences or related area
- 2-4 years’ experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems; MS SQL Server; VB; C#; .NET; MS Access; knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.