Herb Information Center Coordinator (Pharmacist)
Job Posting Number: 21459
New York, NY
April 26, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Herb Information Center Coordinator for the Integrative Medicine Service.
At MSK, we believe in caring for the whole person, not just the disease or symptom. The Integrative Medicine Service weaves natural treatments such as acupuncture, massage, yoga and herbal compounds into the patients’ overall care plan. All of our holistic health services are based on the latest scientific information.
The AboutHerbs program (herb information center) is an integral part of the Integrative Medicine Service. The AboutHerbs website, a free resource to clinicians and laypersons, celebrated its 15 year anniversary in 2017. The website and app include 282 monographs that are maintained by the Coordinator and his/her team. It averages approximately 1.2M hits and 27,000 app downloads per year. We continue to get accolades on the website from external agencies and are proud to announce that 4 of the top 10 website searches on mskcc.org are related to the AboutHerbs materials.
- Supervise, organize, and maintain the Integrative Medicine Drug/Herb information Center for the Integrative Medicine and Pharmacy Services.
- Provide information to healthcare practitioners and patients regarding dietary supplements, including herbal remedies, over the counter (OTC) remedies, and drug-herb interactions.
- Recommend and develop a communication strategy and vehicles for educating staff and public on herbal remedies and related scientific research. Will be recognized as an expert in this area and will be expected to present and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conduct ongoing surveillance of research, literature and scientific articles on herbal remedies and pharmaceutical products to identify new findings that could impact existing program.
- Collaborate and participate in clinical research activities and protocol development.
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution and a valid NYS Pharmacist license required.
- An advanced degree (e.g. M.S. Pharm.D) and a pharmacy residency in drug information strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of herbs and dietary supplements required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- To embrace new technology to make sure that we continue to deliver content to users in methods that meet their needs.
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.