Telemedicine Technical Specialist
Job Posting Number: 21531
New York, NY
April 26, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The telemedicine program utilizes digital systems and devices for the delivery of healthcare services; health assessments, consultations, and follow-ups. Telemedicine allows healthcare providers to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients without the need for an in-person visit. The aim of the program is to develop comprehensive center-wide telemedicine services to enhance the ability of providers to care for their patients while improving the lives of cancer patients during their treatment. You will work with a dynamic team of providers, information systems experts, data analysts, and health informatics personnel to aid in the development of this exciting new care initiative.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills and flexibility to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
As the Configuration Analyst in Telemedicine, you will:
- Investigate, document, and implement application and data interchange and interaction processes to ensure efficient and effective information and data access and utilization.
- Implement new, and update existing, desktop applications and ensure integration with enterprise applications, standards, and processes based on user needs and feedback
- Provide analysis, design, implementation and troubleshooting support for complex client server and desktop technology systems
- Work without direction in a networked computer environment.Coordinate installation and test of circuits associated with data and video communications including, but not limited to, ISDN, Frame Relay, and T1.
- Support design, configuration, implementation and 3rd/4th level troubleshooting for a variety of client applications, network/domain and desktop operating systems (including WINTEL, Apple, LINUX/UNIX and possibly z/OS)
- Handles priority NT domain administration assignments, NOS/Application image integration and testing, software distribution support and critical special projects (such as specialized server setup, application rollouts, etc)
- Responsible for hardware/software installation configuration and maintenance
- Collaborate with peers and executive management across the Center
- Partner with vendor technical support, and corresponding departments to resolve outstanding issues, set up and maintain training environments, and implement new services as needed
- Provides coordination and support of deployments and troubleshooting activities. Works closely with the Help Desk and peer technical groups while following defined processes and procedures.
- Provide project tracking support, using a variety of tools, on all assigned initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications
- 2-4 years experience in complex client server and internetworking environments
- Expert knowledge of all major client NOS, applications and internetworking platforms/architectures inclusive of TCP/IP, WINTEL, Apple, LINUX/UNIX (possibly z/OS), Microsoft Office, SMS, Enterprise Administrator, MS/Access, SQL (relational) database technology and network/desktop hardware technologies
- Proven vendor management and negotiation skills
- Telemedicine experience an asset
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.