Sr Front End Engineer
Job Posting Number: 21370
New York, NY
April 18, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Senior Front-End Software Engineer
MSK Data Products is the internal product design and development studio at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. We are looking for a senior front-end software engineer who can build intuitive web application interfaces, helping scientists and doctors understand and use complex scientific data, with minimal friction.
Who We Are
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is the world’s largest private cancer center. MSK offers state-of-the-art care, backed by cutting edge research. You’ll find comprehensive information about MSK and its work at http://www.mskcc.org.
MSK Data Products is a multidisciplinary team of designers, software engineers and data scientists working inside MSK. Our mission is to transform how technology and data are used to prevent, control and ultimately cure cancer.
We would like to recruit a senior front-end software engineer. As a member of our team, you build software around the needs of some of the world’s leading doctors and researchers, helping them find, visualize, and make best use of complex medical and scientific data – typically through the browser on mobile or desktop. Your work will provide the bridge between our users’ intentions, and their ability to actually get things done with our data.
If you are interested in joining a small, agile team whose goal is to have a meaningful impact on people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
- Able to influence product and interface concepts from their earliest stages.
- Able to write client-side code to create fast, responsive, future-friendly web applications.
- Comfortable enough in your craft to optimize existing web applications, based on test data, analytics, or human insights.
- Independent enough to work on small scale projects gathering requirements, prototyping, and laying down the foundations of good software.
- Capable of communicating and collaborating on larger, longer-term projects involving interdisciplinary team members.
- Able to participate in design and code review.
- Comfortable working with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS and related web technologies.
- BA/BS in Software Engineering, Interaction Design, or a related field.
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance tuning.
- A design sensibility; ability to make solid aesthetic choices independently.
Nice to have
- Experience working with 2D and 3D data visualization.
- Experience with ReactJS, Typescript.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.