Senior AIX Systems Administrator
Job Posting Number: 21352
April 16, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department at Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking a Senior UNIX Administrator for our MSK New Jersey Data Center location.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and want to solve meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all of those things! This is a great role for someone who has the right skills, who wants to be part of a dynamic team and wants to learn the newest technologies.
- Participate in the development and support of Open Systems architecture and strategy across a large multi-vendor platform environment (HP, IBM, Oracle, EMC, et cetera).
- Responsible for installing and managing IBM AIX systems.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while performing other job responsibilities.
- A minimum of 2 years prior programming experience.
- Strong shell-scripting experience (sh, ksh, csh shells, Perl, etc.).
- Strong IBM AIX or Linux administration skills.
- Strong System troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with current server hardware technologies.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
The following skill sets are highly desirable and preferred:
- Knowledge of security policies and experience implementing security controls.
- Advanced Unix shell programming skills.
- Working knowledge of PGP or other encryption tools.
- High Availability cluster technologies and virtualization skills.
- Working knowledge of SSL and PKI.
- IBM GPFS, Websphere and application monitoring skills.
- Working knowledge of AIX system performance tuning.
- Experience with current Web technologies (such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat etc).
You like challenges?
Are you a keen learner?
Are you passionate about latest technologies?
Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday. Great team, training and conference opportunities, telework one day a week (as per policy)! Must be able to get to the Data Center, located in Lyndhurst, NJ and be on call when not on scheduled absence.
Frequent off-hours work due to the 24×7 nature of the Data Center service-level requirements. Periodic attendance of meetings at MSKCC New York City locations is required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.