Inpatient Physical Therapist
Job Posting Number: 21084
New York, NY
June 13, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking to hire a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) to join our exceptional acute care inpatient team. At MSK, we are driven to provide the best Cancer Rehabilitation care possible. Our incredibly talented team of Physical Therapists are focused on supporting, improving, and enhancing the quality of a person’s life throughout their cancer journey. We are passionate about teamwork and the use of evidenced based practice which results in extraordinary care and exceptional careers here at MSK.
MSK offers world class training within our rehabilitation service. If you are a motivated clinician invested in improving the lives of our patients and interested in working with team-oriented colleagues, we invite you to apply and look forward to your application.
- Provide quality physical therapy services to adult patients utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions in addition to creative and patient specific treatment techniques
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members, patients and their family/caregivers, to ensure optimal patient care is achieved throughout the hospital stay
- Document clinical activities and maintains statistical records per department and compliance regulations
- Provide mentorship to colleagues through various teaching opportunities including co-treatments, special interest groups, multi-disciplinary patient rounds and in-services.
- Engage in projects and/or activities to advance professional development
- Flexible with strong time management / organizational skills
- Effective in verbal and written communication including computer skills
- Detail and team oriented
- Invested in mentorship both in learning and sharing of clinical knowledge
- New York State Licensure is required
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy (tDPT or DPT) is preferred
- Acute care and oncology experience strongly preferred
Schedule: Hours vary between 8a-7p including one weekend day per week (subject to change)
Please submit a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.