Associate Director International Partnerships
Job Posting Number: 20051
New York, NY
February 21, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) is seeking an Associate Director, International Partnerships for an exciting new position with the Strategy and Innovation Team. The Associate Director, International Partnerships will be responsible for developing partnerships to support MSK’s international strategy. She/he will lead activities ranging from evaluating and structuring potential partnerships, to managing ongoing relationships with partners as they are established.
As the Associate Director, International Partnerships, you will:
- Display an urgent commitment to collaborating with prospects, partners and internal colleagues to launch new partnerships and continuously ensure deep engagement
- Identify, evaluate international partnership opportunities
- Develop assets need to engage and manage partners, e.g.: pitch materials, partner profiles, partner evaluation framework, CRM
- Engage potential partners and lead deal negotiations
- Manage relationships with prospective partner and partners
- Collect and deliver feedback to the internal team to inform continuous improvement
- Up to 25% travel
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Effective at building partnerships and networks to further institutional goals
- An effective communicator, even when language barriers may present challenges
- A strategic thinker who looks ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Experience evaluating, structuring, negotiating and managing international partnership
- Experience related to conducting business in China, and fluency in Mandarin a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) and a minimum of eight years of directly related experience
- Track record of direct leadership, successfully motivating a team through uncharted territory
- Master’s degree in a related field (MBA, JD, MHA, MS, MPH) is strongly preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.