Mailroom Clerk II
Job Posting Number: 18069
New York, NY
June 11, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Hours: Monday – Friday ; 10 am – 6 pm
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service
A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions.
Able to hold yourself and others accountable to accomplish goals and live up to commitments
An effective communicator, able to identifying how to reach different audiences and communicate based on that understanding.
Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Receives and distributes mail from post office, messengers, employees and other sources and places mail into appropriate mail slots with accuracy.
- Studies and memorizes cost centers, department and building names, and employee names in order to place mail into the correct slots.
- Deliver and pick up mail to various offices according to schedule set by supervisor.
- Receives express delivery, X-rays and other packages from various areas and signs to verify receipt.
- Logs packages into computer under the Vuetura System
- Answers telephone lines clearly and distinctly with name of department.
- Takes and distributes accurate, complete, and legible messages.
- Looks up names and addresses of mail recipients using personal computer, Intranet, etc.
- Inputs and update data to track packages and other sensitive mail.
- Ensures all updates are accurate and include all new information.
- Gain knowledge in the use of Pitney Bowes Metering machine.
- Sends all first class mail of discharged patients back to sender.
- Forwards patient packages to home address within one week of the patient’s departure.
A HS Diploma/GED
At least 1 year of mailroom experience.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.