Senior Occupational Therapist (Bergen)
Job Posting Number: 18680
March 20, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking to hire a licensed Senior Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our team in Montvale, NJ at our new MSK Bergen facility. Adult Therapy experience in an outpatient setting is desired. At MSK, we offer world class training within our rehabilitation service focusing on opportunities to develop innovative, therapeutic programs for a diverse patient population. Our OT team has the opportunity to help patients throughout all phases of treatment to regain their functional independence and cognitive abilities. Patient-centered treatment, individualized care, and best practice is what MSK therapists provide with each interaction. Strong clinical skills and a dedication to the oncology population are required.
- Provide quality occupational therapy services to adult patients utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions in addition to creative and patient specific treatment techniques to maximize patient outcomes
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure optimal patient care is achieved throughout the entire outpatient episode.
- Document all clinical activities, and maintains statistical records per department guidelines.
- Engage in projects and activities to advance professional development.
- Provide mentorship to colleagues through various teaching opportunities such as co-treatments, special interest groups, multi-disciplinary patient rounds and in-services.
- New Jersey and New York State Licensure required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience in Oncology and Outpatient setting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice as licensed OT strongly preferred
- The ability to train at NYC location.
Hours vary between 7:30a to 7:00p, M-F (subject to change)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.