Pharmacy Tech II – Bergen
Job Posting Number: 15743
May 30, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model. The department has one of the most robust set of electronic clinical resources in the country and a dynamic medication safety program.
Across the Center we review 1.5 million orders per year and dispense over three million doses of medication annually. The Pharmacy Department has more than 400 employees with approximately 200 pharmacists servicing patients in 26 pharmacy satellites, including inpatient unit-based satellites in all oncological specialties.
Memorial Sloan Kettering provides live, onsite, accredited continuing education pharmacy courses to help keep your credentials up to date. The department will also sponsor national and state membership for pharmacy organizations and appropriate off-site educational meetings. The size and scope of our organization provides many opportunities to advance your knowledge and grow your career. Click to watch and learn more about Pharmacy at MSK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH_sY_YBxU
The Pharmacy Department seeks a Pharmacy Technician to join its team at MSK Bergen. This role will support Pharmacy services to include conventional and investigational chemotherapy/biologic therapy, Omnicell support and inventory management.
- Someone who readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Handles and manages crises effectively.
- Support open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Follows through on commitments and acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Known to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Perform technical functions related to medication ordering, receiving, storage, preparation, delivery and disposal
- Compound hazardous and non-hazardous sterile products in a USP 797 clean room environment.
- New Jersey Pharmacy Technician registration required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- 2+ years experience as a Pharmacy Technician, including hazardous and non-hazardous sterile compounding responsibilities.
- Omnicell experience is beneficial.
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday, however weekend hours may be added in the future dependant upon patient demand.
- Hours will fall between 8am and 8pm.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.