Research Project Coordinator – Clinical Research Informatics and Technology Team
Job Posting Number: 17401
New York, NY
November 13, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Research Informatics and Technology Team is hiring for a Research Project Coordinator (RPC) that will work in conjunction with the Business Analyst for institutional wide clinical research projects related to the management of Medidata Rave software.
- Familiar with Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system management.
- Interested in the data capture, management and reporting of clinical research data.
- A natural problem solver that will take the initiative to research various methods for project planning and implementation.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations followed throughout the course of a research project, database, or protocol.
- Driven to learn how to independently develop project plans, gather requirements and perform the associated project management related to each study.
- Able to partner with all levels of clinical research staff.
- Be responsible for working on multiple project tasks in support of the requirements, solution design, implementation, and maintenance of eCRF solutions.
- Convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop and coordinate tests scripts, testing activities, test plan and reports for database quality validation and/or user acceptance testing to ensure accurate database structure and appropriate data collected.
- Act as technical liaison with project team members and data managers to assist with the technical aspects of project delivery.
- Assist in problem solving including testing, troubleshooting techniques and issue resolution. Serve as an escalation point and subject matter expert in complex problem solving and resolution.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience (1 year with a Master’s Degree) or other applicable research investigation.
- Medidata Rave experience is preferred in lieu of clinical research experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.