Mgr, Laboratory Medicine IT
Job Posting Number: 17459
New York, NY
November 10, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Manager for our Laboratory Medicine Information Team. In this role, you would be responsible for the direction and overall functioning of Laboratory Medicine Information Systems Team. This includes providing project leadership for all Laboratory Medicine technical projects, managing the Clinical Lab and Blood Bank systems , maintaining the integrity of current systems, and actively supporting institution-wide projects with laboratory components.
- Prepare project plans and review project timetables on an ongoing basis while managing resources and work schedules.
- Keep Administrator informed of project statuses and potential issues; provide input and support to institution-wide projects with a laboratory component.
- Direct and supervise activities of Laboratory Medicine Information Systems
- Collaborate with Laboratory Medicine Staff and external vendors to plan, organize, design, integrate, and implement new hardware/software systems and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure departmental workload is carried out accurately, completely, and within pre-established time frames.
- Coordinate resolution of problem calls from users and determines most appropriate means of resolution.
- Participate in appropriate Information Systems and Laboratory Medicine conferences and seminars to maintain technical and industry knowledge for all areas of responsibility.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and/or Medical Technology
- 4-7 years of experience
- License from NYS DOH as a Clinical Laboratory Scientists or Medical Technologist/Laboratory Scientist certification from the ASCP
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.