Environmental Service Aide (Monmouth)
Job Posting Number: 17146
November 10, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As an Environmental Service Aide you will be responsible to maintain a safe, clean and well-organized environment for patients, their family, visitors and staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Seven Step Cleaning – Cleans all assigned areas following steps and within timeframes established in department guidelines.
- Waste/Soiled Linen Handling – Follows established hospital/department procedures for handling, containment, and disposal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen as outlined in the department manual.
- Standard Precautions – Utilizes documented procedures in the infection Control Policy and Procedures manual and personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of infection to patients, visitors and staff.
- Project Work – Performs projects work as requested by Manager, Supervisors and Leads.
- Responds to emergency requests.
- Assists with furniture moves.
- Uses cardboard and trash compactors.
- Periodic Maintenance – Maintains all surfaces utilizing departmental procedures for cleanliness and appearance as outlined in the Environmental Service Aide Manual and in training.
- Chemical Knowledge and Use – Demonstrates knowledge of proper chemical mixture, usage, storage, and labeling as outlined in the Environment of Care Manual and the Environmental Service Aide Manual.
- Safety/Care for Environment – Maintains safety guidelines when performing all functions as outlined in the Department Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by department and hospital.
- Completes all required EHS testing and hospital mandatory training.
- Availability to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions in English.
- Ability to use floor care equipment (vacuum, scrubber, burnisher, carpet extractor).
- Ability to stand for a long period of times, to walk, bend and push various items.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Hours: Monday – Saturday; Flexibillity and Saturdays required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.