Application System Analyst II-005013
Job Posting Number: 17209
New York, NY
November 10, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking an Application System Analyst to join our amazing team. In this role, you will use expert technical knowledge to provide system management, analysis, configuration, development, support and maintenance of new and existing systems.
You will also:
- Develop and utilize business knowledge to evaluate new projects and determine scope and priority. Coordinate and assist with the design, development and implementation of authorized projects
- Perform detailed analysis of systems to ensure optimal performance and to ensure that systems continuously meet user needs
- Translate users’ operational needs into practical, cost effective and acceptable risk design solutions
- Develop and maintain relationship with end-users to understand requirements
- Develop and utilize fact-finding techniques to help users simplify requirements and make them easier to understand in order to provide best solution
- Define components, interfaces, modules, data, and architecture for applications to satisfy specified requirements
- Design new applications or specify enhancements to existing systems to meet specific clinical, research and administrative needs
- Work collaboratively with project team to develop applications according to specified design
- Create and maintain documentation for workflow, operating procedures and system administration
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years experience in programming (SQL, C# & .NET), system management, system analysis, design and implementation OR
- Master’s degree and 2-4 years experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.