Sr. LAN Support Analyst
Job Posting Number: 17225
February 15, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department is seeking a System Administrator / LAN Support Analyst to join their third shift team.
As the System Administrator / LAN Support Analyst, you are:
- Accustomed to providing onsite coverage for a 24X7 operation.
- Interested in working in third shift.
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
- Extremely proficient and possess hands-on experience in the areas of hardware and operating system installation, configuration and support in an Enterprise (i.e. 2,000 + servers) environment.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in virtualization technologies, configuration and support.
- Experienced with HP servers (rack mount and c-Class Blade platform) and knowledgeable of Cisco UCS & IBM hardware.
- Experienced with Windows Scripting Technology such as PowerShell, WMI and Batch scripting is a plus.
- Experienced with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experienced with networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP etc.
- Provide day-to-day Windows administration & support.
- Handle installation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Windows Systems (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2).
- Provide support and consultation to regional locations.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability, performance and security of the system(s).
- Modify or create processes to ease day-to-day administration & support tasks.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation on servers & procedures to maintain accuracy.
- Schedule hardware / software installations, patching and upgrades and confirm compliance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various issues (i.e. hardware break / fix, performance, etc.), respond to escalations and perform repairs as needed.
- Provide rotational 24×7 on call support duties.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Applications Services teams to strategize and evaluate new options and toolsets for server maintenance and continual process improvement.
- 3+ years as a Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications (or equivalent) in Windows Server 2008 and / or 2012.
- 2+ years experience with VMware ESX / ESXi technology (vSphere 5.x)
- 3+ years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments with an emphasis on remote “lights-out” management of systems
- Hands-on experience working with current and older HP Proliant & c-Class Blade servers.
- Expertise in general Windows Server installation, build, administration, security, backups & restorations and troubleshooting.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.