Wireless Network Specialist
Job Posting Number: 17044
New York, NY
November 7, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Wireless Network Specialist to join our amazing team. In this role, you will conceptualize, plan, design, and manage the implementation of a multi discipline local area networks & wide area communications for MSKCC leading edge corporate network.
- Plan, implement and analyze networking topologies for local and wide area interconnectivity, wireless coverage for MSKCC enterprise networks, business processes/services and mission critical systems involving complex multi-protocol design strategies for universal interoperability and network segmentation.
- Design, research and recommend networking hardware and software solutions including; network operating systems, communication emulation programs, intelligent wiring hubs, network interface adapters, servers, multiplexors, repeaters, bridges, routers, WiFi components, video components, telephony solutions and like technologies for the ongoing expansion of MSKCC Intranet.
- Be responsible for ongoing evaluation and R&D for state-of-the-art LAN/WAN technologies in order to provide campus wide standardization and network integration for interface hardware and operating system platforms, examining all layers of industry standard architectures.
- Plan and engineer bandwidth requirements for high-speed corporate data communications network ensuring sufficient capacity and high availability in support of data, video, voice, medical imaging applications and clinical engineering systems/components over both local and wide area networks, wired and wireless.
- Provide the guidance to others on the staff for analyzing network failures measuring capacity and threshold tolerances for conformance to protocol and traffic engineering specifications.
- Manage and coordinate large scale projects providing timeline structure, directing less senior analysts using productivity and design tools such as MS Project, VISIO, PPT, MS/Office, along with project management skill sets to insure that milestones and deadlines are met.
- Interface and coordinate regularly with primary senior level staff, Information Systems staff and user departments on internal and external projects.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years hands on experience in a Networking/Data Communications environment supporting voice, video and data.
- Strong knowledge of network security, WiFi radio design, and routing/switching
- CWSP or CCNP certifications highly desirable
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.