Spring 2018 Graduates – Physician Office Assistant
Job Posting Number: 16932
New York, NY
October 18, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Now Hiring Spring 2018 Graduates
We would like to congratulate you on your upcoming commencement and encourage you to discover your future career opportunity in Hospital Administration. Spring 2018 graduates are invited to apply and begin interviewing for our entry-level Physician Office Assistant roles, with employment beginning following graduation in May-August 2018. We invite graduates from all majors to apply for this role.
Please Note – if you are interested in beginning employment immediately – please search and apply for other open Physician Office Assistant roles.
What is a Physician Office Assistant?
In this entry-level role, you will have a unique opportunity to work side by side with clinicians and doctors in a strategic partnership. This role is perfect for talented and growing healthcare administration professionals and aspiring leaders of tomorrow. The job outlook for healthcare administrators is strong, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting 17% growth through 2024. When you join us, you will quickly make a difference in the lives of our patients and become part of a team where everyone plays a substantial role in the fight against cancer. This role will prepare you for a successful career at MSK and allow you to follow a variety of paths within the Center.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
All Training will take place in Manhattan.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and collaborating to meet shared objectives and goals
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Use strong customer service and multi-tasking abilities to support a practice by providing administrative support to the clinical team
- Ensure patients are assisted in a timely and friendly manner by functioning as the primary contact for the practice where you are responsible for scheduling patients’ tests, appointments, and procedures
- Update and maintain the electronic medical records (EMR), coordinate with clinical staff, and submit information to payers for pre-certification approvals
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) OR a High School Diploma and 2+ years relevant experience
- Strong computer skills
- A positive attitude and demeanor when handling stressful situations and acutely ill patients
Watch to learn more from our own recent graduates who are working in this role.
For consideration, you are required to pass an online assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment which will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Some of the questions refer to your past jobs or work experiences. If a question does not appear to apply to you exactly, consider the general intent and answer it as accurately as possible. For example, if you have not yet been formally employed in a full time job, consider part-time jobs you have had, or relevant work experiences you may have had in school, volunteer, or community organizations when answering these questions.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.