Research Project Coordinator – Clinical Research Administration
Job Posting Number: 16513
New York, NY
October 12, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Clinical Research Administration is hiring for a Research Project Coordinator (RPC) that will work in conjunction with the Business Analyst for institutional wide clinical research projects and work closely with the Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials Consortium (PCCTC) related to the management of Medidata Rave software.
- Familiar with Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system management.
- Interested in the data capture, management and reporting of clinical research data.
- A natural problem solver that will take the initiative to research various methods for project planning and implementation.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations are followed throughout the course of a research project, database, or protocol.
- Driven to learn how to independently develop project plans, gather requirements and perform the associated project management related to each study.
- Be responsible for working on multiple project tasks in support of the requirements, solution design, implementation, and maintenance of eCRF solutions.
- Assist in eCRF design, such as form layout and navigation. Create and test edit checks.
- Convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop and coordinate tests scripts, testing activities, test plan and reports for database quality validation and/or user acceptance testing to ensure accurate database structure and appropriate data collected.
- Act as technical liaison with project team members and data managers to assist with the technical aspects of project delivery.
- Assist in problem solving including testing, troubleshooting techniques and issue resolution. Serve as an escalation point and subject matter expert in complex problem solving and resolution.
- Using Team Foundation Server, write code according to specifications developed, results in expected output, is able to handle exceptions and errors, and is maintainable (i.e., subsequent programmers can understand and work with code developed).
- Produce code and/or database objects that conform to application or industry standards (ie, security, naming conventions, etc).
- Develop programs that may interface with other applications/databases, to meet complex business requirements.
- Determine the criticality (e.g., degree to which department function or number of users involved) of production problem; responds immediately when critical. Keep user, management, and sponsor up-to-date on status of problem and resolution.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with C# is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medidata Rave is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with a database management system (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.