Systems Analyst, Sr
Job Posting Number: 15224
New York, NY
October 4, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is looking for a Sr. Systems Analyst to join our nursing informatics team. As a Sr. Systems Analyst, you will maintain and support the ongoing operation and implementation of all clinical systems used by the department of nursing, primarily focusing on, but not limited to Allscripts -EMAR and Knowledge Based Medication Administration (KBMA)systems.
You will also:
- Lead interdepartmental teams in the implementation of system enhancements, changes and fixes, including documentation of functional design specifications, system configuration and testing
- Collaborate with clinical/operational/technical teams in establishing goals and standards for all assigned systems
- Apply insights and a variety of analytical techniques to conceive process improvements and develop effective solutions to operational/technical issues
- Be responsible for database management and system security
- Provide programming and analysis functions to assist in the development and implementation of new systems, the revision of existing systems and to support special projects
- Direct the preparation and design of utilization, productivity, and other ad hoc reports to meet internal and external reporting needs
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science and/or Information Systems (or equivalent experience)
- 2-4 years experience performing clinical systems implementations
- Experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
- 1 year in a managerial capacity
- Experience in developing and using test plans
- SQL programming and reporting
- Tableau or other comparable BI tools
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.