Guest Services Rep, Urgent Care Center
Job Posting Number: 15394
New York, NY
September 12, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Urgent Care Center is seeking a Guest Service Representative for our Main Campus location. This individual is responsible for directing and greeting patients and all visitors in the Urgent Care Center and serves as an enforcer of rules and regulations for this high traffic area. In this highly visible role, exceptional professionalism and phenomenal communication skills are a must. Candidates considered should be assertive enough to strictly yet tactfully enforce guidelines for visitors, must have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to handle difficult interactions. Heavy phone volume and long periods of standing may be involved.
- The Guest Service Representative will assists patients, families, visitors and staff entering or exiting the Urgent Care Center
- Project a positive image of the Center by demonstrating a courteous, caring and professional manner
- Monitor assigned entranceway and responds to inquiries for advice or assistance; provides concierge services to patients and guests
- Orient new patients and families to inpatient services and amenities
- Work: 10 Hour Shifts 4 Days per week – Hours are 12:00pm – 10:00pm, Monday- Friday with weekend rotation – Days off may vary
- A High School Diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferably in a healthcare environment, is required; an Associate or Bachelors degree is highly preferred for this role.
- Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and work with teams of people required.
- Candidates considered will have familiarity with computerized operations and must have the ability to handle challenging situations.
- Prior experience as a clerical assistant in a fast-paced setting and knowledge of medical terminology is useful.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.