Research Study Assistant II (Rockville Centre)
Job Posting Number: 15864
Rockville Centre, NY
September 11, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research Study Assistant
Hours: Initial training M-F 9 am – 5 pm; Variable four day weekly schedule M-F 8 am to 6 pm based on needs.
As an integral member of the research team, and in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, the Research Study Assistant assists with the maintenance of Patient Management and Data Management on clinical studies. The Research Study Assistant works closely with MSK and each participating institution on data collection, entry and analysis and ensuring data quality and integrity throughout the life of the study.
- A Bachelor’s degree OR High school diploma with 2 years medical or research experience at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK)
- Excellent Communication, attention to detail, information and time management, administrative and Computer Skills
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Interested in medical terminology and science
- You are comfortable with or interested in working with and organizing large amounts of data
- Be responsible for data collection including utilizing appropriate methodologies to collect human subject information for a research project, database and/or protocol (clinical trial) by reviewing patient charts, existing databases, and other sources within a specified timeframe
- Interact with team members and individuals across MSK regarding data input
- Generate data reports and deliver to all necessary parties on the progress of research project, database or protocol
- Ensure that all appropriate Institutional, State, and Federal regulations are followed throughout the research project, database or protocol, and that research protocols are approved by Institutional Review Board and all regulatory documentation is completed
- Provide clerical and administrative support, such as filing and scheduling meetings and appointments as needed
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.