Sr. Software Architect
Job Posting Number: 15716
New York, NY
September 11, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Sr. Software Architect to join our amazing team. In this role, you will be responsible for system analysis, design, programming, testing, integration, implementation and documentation for all phases of systems development projects.
- Support new applications and ensures the successful operation of existing applications.
- Be responsible for full development life cycle same as the advanced level but with projects of greater complexity and with deeper integration with other systems.
- Act as a technical leader for team members and other programmers throughout the center. Internal consultant in area of expertise to all MSK staff.
- Manage complex projects that may include members of other teams.
- Design program and technical specifications for various applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture, on assigned projects.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications on assigned projects.
- Develop programs that may interface with other applications/databases, to meet complex business requirements.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems to ensure smooth migration from development to production environment.
- Resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance assigned systems.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years experience as a programmer with broad experience in multiple specialties and/or unique knowledge in a highly complex specialty where expertise is limited
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.