Physical Therapist, Sr
Job Posting Number: 15242
West Harrison, NY
September 7, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking to hire a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) to join our team in Monmouth, NJ! Adult Therapy experience in an outpatient setting is desired. At MSK, we offer world class training within our rehabilitation service focusing on opportunities to develop innovative, therapeutic programs for each of our patients. Attention to detail, individualized care, and participation in a team approach is what MSK therapists provide with each interaction. Strong clinical skills and a dedication to the oncology population are required.
- Provides quality physical therapy services to adult patients utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions in addition to creative and patient specific treatment techniques
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure optimal patient care is achieved throughout the entire outpatient episode
- Documents all clinical activities, and maintains statistical records per department guidelines
- Engages in projects and activities to advance professional development
- New Jersey State Licensure required
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy (tDPT or DPT) preferred
- Lymphedema experience / certification preferred
- Experience in Oncology and Outpatient setting preferred
Training will be at the Sillerman Center (515 Madison Avenue) in Manhattan. A New York State License will be required during this time.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.