Job Posting Number: 15380
New York, NY
August 11, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Strategy and Innovation Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Sr. Vice President and multiple Directors and collaborate with employees at various levels across the organization. The Department of Strategy and Innovation is comprised of data scientists, strategic analysts and managers, operations researchers, software engineers, a behavioral psychologist, designers, and thought leaders. Their diverse team allows for an exciting and innovative environment where many experts gladly share ideas and concepts that benefit the entire department.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator in the office of the SVP, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide clerical support by performing various clerical duties to the ensure that the depart is run efficiently.
- Efficiently manage calendars; provide notification of specific meeting/appointments using verbal/electronic/other calendar reminders; record all individual and standard meetings. Initiate or respond to changes; resolve and communicate, as necessary, in a complete, appropriate and timely manner.
- Organize, schedule and coordinate activities related to meetings and arrange appropriate meeting spaces using knowledge of accommodations and structure of rooms to provide viable setup or alternatives.
- Answer phones and direct calls as appropriate.
- Provide back up support when needed or in the absence of the Project Coordinator.
- Flexible; able to adapt your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Collaborative; eager to build partnerships to accomplish tasks and shared objectives.
- Thoughtful; able to make good and timely decisions, even in the absence of complete information and exercise sound judgment when making decisions
- Action oriented; takes on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Self-Aware; able to use feedback and constructive criticism to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- An effective communicator; comfortable speaking to a variety of audiences.
- 2-4 years of administrative experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be tactful and diplomatic.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.