Jitney Driver/Mess II
Job Posting Number: 15256
New York, NY
November 22, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Days/Hours vary – weekends possible
Safely transports patients, their families, staff, specimens, medications and cargo between MSK Outpatient sites and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Main Campus. Also, provides transportation and support to additional MSKCC sites (i.e. ACDM in Brooklyn; 633 3rd Ave. and other Manhattan locations).
Jitney Bus Transportation:
- Conducts a pre-trip inspection of the Jitney Bus in order to ensure that it is operating properly. Pre-trip inspection includes, listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior, a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e. Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps and signals are functioning properly.
- Safely transports and delivers patients and staff primarily between 53rd Street, the Main Campus, and other various Manhattan MSKCC locations, within twenty minute runs, and/or forty minute round trips.
- Makes trips between 53rd Street and Main Campus according to the Jitney Bus Schedule posted in dispatch office.
- Remains with the Jitney Bus when passengers are on board
- Retrieves the MSKCC mini-van from parking garage prior to start of first trip of the scheduled work day.
- Conducts a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure that it is operating properly. Pre-trip inspection includes, listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior and a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e. Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps and signals are functioning properly.
- Picks up MSK-53rd Street supplies from General Stores on a daily basis at designated pick up times and as requested on an emergency basis.
- Picks up and deliver mail from Main Campus and MSK-53rd Street mailrooms.
- Retrieves and deliver medical instruments to Central Sterile Processing on a daily basis at designated pick up times.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Commercial Driver’s License Class B w/Passenger endorsement
Minimum Experience: One year driving for a major company or organization
Defensive Driving Training
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.