Database Analyst (DB2 LUW/NOSQL)
Job Posting Number: 15106
New York, NY
July 21, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department is seeking a DBA IV (DB2 LUW/NOSQL) to join their growing team.
As a DBA IV, you will:
- Be responsible for a variety of aspects in working with DB2 LUW and NOSQL Data Platforms like Mongo.
- Handle development, optimization, testing, migration, security, tracing, logical/physical design and maintenance.
- Will work with other experienced DBAs as a team, and as part of this team; you will support various Data Warehousing environments at MSK.
- Participate in the 24×7 on-call rotation schedule, to support the MSK data platforms.
- A self-starter who wants to enhance their knowledge of new technologies and grow with a leading, world renowned cancer center.
- An excellent communicator and team player.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, MIS, or a related field with 4-5 years of experience with the data platforms described in this posting.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of DB2 on LUW including query optimization, workload management , HA, backup and recovery , connectivity management …
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Knowledge of XML/Jason
- Strong knowledge of AIX, Linux, shell scripting
- Knowledge of data modeling 3NF, Star schema is a plus
- Hadoop skills, include understanding the Hortonworks HDP stack (i.e. HDFS, Ambari, HBase, Storm, PIG, etc.) is a plus .
- Knowledge of Windows, Python, Java, NoSQL (Mongo) is helpful.
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.