Job Posting Number: 14786
New York, NY
July 11, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK Data Products is a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers and data scientists that covers the full lifecycle of project development, from idea stage all the way to production ready.
Our cross-functional teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make sure we help Memorial Sloan Kettering to accomplish its mission of ending cancer.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to help us deliver high quality products to our users.
- Write and maintain test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on specifications and requirements for technically complex software products
- Develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts
- Propose and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation, e.g. data-driven testing
- Identify, communicate, and document discrepancies encountered during the testing process. Enter, review and update software defects in defect tracking database.
- Participate in Production Support activities – research/troubleshoot issues identified in production. Replicate issues in QA environment as well as communicate resolutions and workarounds to Production Support Teams.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- 0-2 years of software quality assurance experience. Experience developing software tests for functional; performance and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements.
- Experience with testing APIs and web applications
- Agile software development experience is a requirement
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision. Strong sense of responsibilities and quality focus, fast learner and excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with Automation test tools like — Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkins, Protractor, Mercury Quality Center / QTP or other latest automated test tools. Experience developing, executing and debugging automated test suites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable in proactively communicating with others both within and outside of the immediate team to resolve issues and get questions answered.
- Ability to multi-task, triage issues, react well to changes in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or related engineering field or equivalent experience.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.