Manager, Lab Comparative Pathology
Job Posting Number: 14740
New York, NY
April 12, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Laboratory of Comparative Pathology (LCP) is a full service diagnostic lab offering clinical and anatomic pathology services seeking a Laboratory Manager. This laboratory serves the research communities and the animal resources of MSKCC, Weil Cornell Medical College and The Rockefeller University by performing a wide range of laboratory procedures in Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry, Parasitology, Urinalysis and Serology on specimens from a variety of animal species as well as providing histology, histochemistry and immunohistochemistry services to the research community and the team of comparative pathologists.
- Manage and supervise all activities and staff of the LCP to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
- Produce, review, troubleshoot and maintain all Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry, Parasitology, Urinalysis and Serology laboratory tests and procedures.
- Oversee administrative functions of the lab such as budget, purchasing, invoice, inventory, etc.
- BS in Medical Technology or one Laboratory/Life Sciences required; MS preferred. Certification as a Medical Technologist (generalist); ASCP preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of laboratory management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and computer skills including Windows, MS Office, Outlook, Laboratory Information Systems (database experience desirable).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.