Sr. Server Automation Engineer
Job Posting Number: 14542
February 2, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Sr. Server Automation Engineer to provide expert level engineering and operational support for infrastructure configuration management and automation. The server automation engineer should have ability to support configuration management in large enterprise class environment with 1500+ servers. Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in Windows server and virtualization technology. He/She must possess expert level PowerShell scripting experience and knowledge of other development technology such as C#, python, jQuery, HTML, perl or any other similar technology. Candidate must be adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
- Blend development and operations best practices to provide continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and develop tools using C#, jQuery, HTML, perl, Python or any other similar technology.
- Have experience in designing SQL queries.
- Have passion to automate and develop self-service tools.
- Have experience with enterprise configuration management system and automation in large 1500+ servers environment.
- Have experience in web development, using web services and API for system integration
- Provision physical and virtual server using configuration management system
- Develop and run compliance audits as well as reports
- Configure and administer orchestration. Integrate SCCM/BladeLogic with other infrastructure tools using APIs and orchestration.
- Provide support and consultation for Windows Server (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2) as well as VMWare virtualization
- Modify existing processes and introduce enhancement.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation.
- Provide 24×7 supports
- Work with the Infrastructure and Applications Services teams to strategize and evaluate new options for server management and continual process improvement
- Passionate about automation and development
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Qualified candidates must possess the following skills/experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments.
- 2+ years in any configuration management technology such as SCCM or BSA.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing infrastructure tools using C#, jQuery, Python or any other similar technology.
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Server (2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2) technology.
- Familiarity working with Linux Operating System.
- Experience working with current and older HP Proliant & c-Class Blade servers.
- Experience in general Windows Server build, administration, security and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows Scripting Technology such as PowerShell, WMI and Batch as well as bash or NSH scripting.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, routing, load balancing etc.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.