Strategic Initiatives Manager II
Job Posting Number: 14580
New York, NY
December 15, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking an experienced project manager (Strategic Initiative Manager) to support the work of our Design Innovation Group. The Design Innovation Group’s purpose is to transform how cancer care is delivered at MSK through the design of human-centered spaces, services, communications, systems and strategies. The project manager is an advocate and coordinator, bridging together internal clients and the design innovation group across the project life-cycle with a strong emphasis on implementation. The project manager works closely with designers, strategists and internal clients (e.g. operations, nursing, physicians, information technology) to initiate, maintain and drive innovation focused initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience working within and leading interdisciplinary teams
- Understands or has a strong interest in human centered design or design thinking
- Has worked in large organizations and/or cross functional-matrixed teams
- Knows how to confidently and credibly share their point of view while developing trusting relationships
- Has a high level of attention to detail, process and organization
- Has enthusiasm, patience and a positive attitude
- Has an intrinsic curiosity for how to make things better
- Is eager to collaborate and work in teams, but feels equally comfortable with independent work
- Is skilled in managing client relationships
- Manage day-to-day project activities for complex initiatives with multi-disciplinary teams and across stakeholders
- Manage development and implementation of initiatives
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships for implementation work, initiatives, and design projects
- Demonstrate solution oriented thinking in management of complex issues
- Balance between business and creative goals from inception through tail end of supporting implementation
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Outstanding written, visual and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree 3+ years related experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Experience with change management
- An understanding of US healthcare system is a plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.