Senior Research Program Manager – Clinical Research Administration
Job Posting Number: 13501
New York, NY
April 19, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Reporting to the Director of Protocol Operations, the Senior Research Program Manager provides leadership and day-to-day management of the clinical research management team within Clinical Research Administration (CRA). The Senior Research Program Manager will ensure that processes and procedures are streamlined across Departments, where possible, in an effort to optimize clinical research efficiency and effectiveness across the Center. Develops and fosters strong working relationships with multiple counterparts and key stakeholders including department leadership to assure the advancement of organizational goals and to ensure clinical research needs are understood and met.
The position oversees day-to-day planning and execution of clinical research operations, fiscal, informational and human resources functions along with the Director. Creates and distributes operational status reports, participates in Center-wide committees/meetings to develop process improvement strategies, provides recommendations for resolving issues across the Center and within Departments, and ensure operational changes are implemented and being followed across the Center. Partners with CRA unit leads and Clinical Research nursing leadership to identify, develop, and prioritize new and ongoing initiatives that are aligned with the organizational strategy.
- Operational Management
- Program Planning and Development
- Clinical Research Regulatory Compliance
- Staff Direction & Management
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of clinical research required.
- At least 4 years of leadership/management experience required.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in data analysis, relationship management, staff management, healthcare and operations management.
- Consistently self-directed and a self starter, leader and facilitator of group dynamics.
- Exceptional communicator in both written and oral form; skilled in consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to work ideas through from idea to implementation and evaluation; think creatively and build consensus around a common vision/goal.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, flexibility, and compassion.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.