Security Guard I
Job Posting Number: 13175
New York, NY
April 13, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Security Guard to provide a secure environment for the hospital staff and patients by patrolling building entrances, interior floors, and outside perimeters of MSK buildings.
- Monitor entrances/exits assigned and inspects packages to guard against illegal acts or potential dangers.
- Responds to emergency incidents and renders necessary assistance.
- Conducts investigation of certain incidents and prepares written reports.
- Perform patrols on center property in an effective manner, providing crime deterrence, addressing safety conditions, providing assistance and service as requested or assigned.
- Operate Key-Trak, Patient Transport, and CCTV systems in a competent manner.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable in order to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- High School Diploma or GED
- New York State Security Guard License
- Fire Guard (F01) must be obtained 6 months after start date
- Fire Safety Director certificate preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.