Job Posting Number: 12923
New York, NY
April 3, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Clinical Documentation group, housed within the Division of Health Informatics, is seeking a Trainer/Systems Analyst to become an integral member of our dynamic clinical systems training team to assist with maintenance and support of ongoing operations and implementation of clinical systems (including but not limited to CIS, EMR, Clin Doc, Mobile Apps) used by clinicians and other users throughout the institution. Our work and mission is centered on support for patient care quality, workflow integration and efficiency.
- Lead one-on-one and group training sessions for MSK clinic staff, provide system support in clinic and office settings, as well as serve as an onsite resource for staff members during CIS implementations, upgrades and other hospital wide rollouts.
- Work with the Lead Systems Analyst to identify new opportunities and serve as liaison to clinical departments and services, aimed at optimizing and strengthening the CIS training program.
- Serve as a vital interface between the Systems Analyst developers and front end users, communicate effectively any pertinent workflow or systems issues and assist with resolutions that support both the technical team and the front end users/stakeholders.
- Determine best delivery practices; identify Super Users to assist with meeting designated goals and objectives.
- Support new applications and ensure the successful operation and use of existing applications.
- Prepare necessary documentation, training materials and training in a variety of formats for end users. Communicate with clinical departments and key administrators to ensure that implementations meet expectations.
- Assess effectiveness of instruction to ensure that users are proficient in technology use and are able to meet the billing, research and regulatory compliance requirements of the institution in supporting and enhance the Electronic Medical Record.
- Monitor systems performance, document problems, perform troubleshooting and assist with the development of work aids that result in the identification and correction of error conditions.
- Act as a departmental liaison between the vendors, MSKCC IS staff and related MSK departments (i.e., Medicine, Surgery, Radiology, Rad Onc, etc).
- Provide go-live and pre/post-implementation support for new modules and system solutions to assist users in the monitoring of documentation completeness, accuracy, and compliance with hospital, State, and Federal standards
- Committed to high standards of productivity, excellence and follow through.
- A highly motivated self-starter, detail-oriented, able to recognize opportunities and take initiative in appropriate situations.
- Open and eager to learn new technologies.
- Flexible and able to adapt in fast changing environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- An energetic team player who enjoys working collaboratively to support the goals and mission of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare and/or Information Sciences or Information Systems (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing clinical systems training and implementations in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.