Programmer Analyst II (Datastage ETL)
Job Posting Number: 13087
New York, NY
March 29, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department is seeking a Programmer Analyst II to develop Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes for our three Data Warehouses.
- Collection of requirements; analysis of the raw data; participation in creation of the logical design; work with DBAs on the physical design, code of the ETL processes.
- System testing, participation in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and implementation of the process.
- Adhere to the project development cycle methodology and for every development and produce necessary documentation that will include plans, diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.
- Participate in off hours production support on revolving basis.
- Respond to scheduled and ad hoc requests for off hours resolution of production problems.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Information Science or related field.
- One or more years working full time in an organization supporting data warehousing environment
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, working knowledge of Data Stage ETL tool with an ability to deliver efficient, reliable and error-free code, some exposure to database design – both relational (3rd form) and star schema, some exposure to UNIX (AIX),strong ability to interrogate and analyze data, knowledge of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project)
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, ability to plan and follow established plans, ability to follow established guidelines and policies.
- While the position is 9 to 5, it will require periodic and ad hoc off hours support including weekends and holidays.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.