Job Posting Number: 12876
New York, NY
March 20, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Compliance Department is seeking a Senior Auditor to join their team.
As the Senior Auditor, you will:
- Perform complex Financial and Operational Audits within the MSKCC Internal Audit Function.
- Work with the Audit Managers and Audit Specialists to define parameters for assessing risk and controls as well as contacting key process/system owners to facilitate walk-throughs and to perform all audit fieldwork, including creating and organizing all related audit work papers.
- Report results to the Audit Specialists, Audit Manager, Director, Internal Audit, Executive Director, Compliance and Internal Audit, and department heads and/or key process owners. :
- Identify and understand risks relevant to the audit at hand and the relationship to overall MSKCC environment (industries of Healthcare, Academic Medicine and Research).
- Execute all phases of audits in accordance with IIA/COSO standards.
- Determine, assess and communicate design effectiveness and operating adequacy of controls in place.
- Follow-up on individual control deficiencies.
- Actively participate in cross-functional discussions on existing process and control enhancement opportunities; provide related guidance on risk, control and process options.
- Work with the Compliance Office, Privacy Office, Security and other departments on joint reviews and evaluating and/or enhancing existing processes where appropriate.
- Understand and apply Internal Audit standards as set forth by the IIA, COSO, ISACA, and other relevant professional bodies.
- Collaborate with IS Auditors to cover touch points between systems and operations/financial transactions for assigned reviews.
- Create and file all audit work paper types (Audit Announcement Memo, Kick-off Meeting Agenda, Process and Control document (narrative/flowchart), Risk Control Matrix, Scope Memo, Test Plan, Test Support, Audit Potential Issues List, Draft Report, etc), adhere to department and audit industry standards.
Extensive working knowledge of hospital operations and system concepts as well as developing and working with Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques.
Excellent verbal and business writing skills.
Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and drive.
Outstanding cognitive, analytical and investigational skills.
Solid interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision making abilities.
Organizational and time management skills to work in a multi-tasking environment.
The ability to document systems processes/data flows, maintaining confidence, poise and professionalism in working with management and technology leaders.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Accounting or Finance or Economics or Operations Management.
3 years experience in Audit or experience in work with skill set required for audit; Healthcare audit, operations, or finance experience preferred
Experience with situational supervision, project leadership, and project management.
CPA or CA/CIA or CFE preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.