Job Posting Number: 12553
New York, NY
August 2, 2017
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Sr. Front-End Developer
MSK Data Products is the internal product design and development studio at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. We are looking for a Sr. Front-End Software Engineer who can build intuitive web application interfaces, helping scientists and doctors understand and use complex scientific data, with minimal friction.
Who we are:
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is the world’s largest private cancer center. MSK offers state-of-the-art care, backed by cutting edge research. You’ll find comprehensive information about MSK and its work at http://www.mskcc.org.
MSK Data Products is a multidisciplinary team of designers, software engineers and data scientists working inside MSK. Our mission is to transform how technology and data are used to prevent, control and ultimately cure cancer.
We would now like to recruit a front-end software engineer. As a member of our team, you build software around the needs of some of the world’s leading doctors and researchers, helping them find, visualize, and make best use of complex medical and scientific data – typically through the browser on mobile or desktop. Your work will provide the bridge between our users’ intentions, and their ability to actually get things done with our data.
When you’re not building new products, you’ll spend 30% of your time working on R&D projects – helping us forecast the likely intersection of technology and medicine in 3-5 years time.
If you are interested in joining a small, agile team whose goal is to have a meaningful impact on people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
- Able to influence product and interface concepts from their earliest stages.
- Able to write client-side code to create fast, responsive, future-friendly web applications.
- Fluent with data, and able to make good decisions when data needs to be prepared and visualized in the browser.
- Comfortable enough in your craft to optimize existing web applications, based on test data, analytics, or human insights.
- Familiar with test driven development and good engineering practices.
- Independent enough to work on small scale projects gathering requirements, prototyping, and laying down the foundations of good software.
- Capable of communicating and collaborating on larger, longer-term projects involving interdisciplinary team members.
- BA/BS in Software Engineering, Interaction Design, or a related field.
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience.
- Expert-level HTML, CSS, JS along with experience in current frameworks.
- Experience with React JS, Angular JS, and/or ES6 a huge plus.
- Strong portfolio of completed work.
Nice to have:
- A design sensibility; ability to make solid aesthetic choices independently.
- Experience working with 2D and 3D data visualization.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.